How to Routine Discord on PS4 and PS5 – Discord is compatible with many platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, etc. But did you know that you can also use Discord on PS4 and PS5?
The PlayStation platform has a Discord-like feature called “Party Chat”, which supports group calls. However, it still lacks features like screen sharing and game activity.
But, unfortunately, these consoles don’t support Discord by default. While on PS4, a little workaround remained applied to install and use Discord by adding some particular devices and software tweaks.
It could change in the future as Sony announced Discord support for the PlayStation platform in a 2021 press release.
The release date will be sometime in early 2022, but for those who are more impatient, here’s how to install Discord on PS4.
Table of Contents
Required to use Discord on PS4
- PS4/PS5 y PC o Mac.
- Dispositive Mix Amp compatible con PlayStation.
- Headphones with optical and USB connections.
- 3.5mm male to male aux cable. 3.5mm to 3.5mm, aux restraint with volume and 3.5mm aux splitter.
- Optional: ground loop noise isolator. Since the game audio is into the mix amp, the amp picks up a slight ground loop noise. It is to ensure the most transparent audio possible.
- Discord on your PC/Mac.
- Discord user account
How to Install Dissonance on PS4
- Sign up for a Discord explanation using another computer or mobile device.
- Sign in to your account on that device.
- Open the PlayStation web browser and go to the Discord website.
- Click Sign In and fill in the account details on your PlayStation.
- After a successful login, start with the next step.
But, It should give you basic Discord chat functionality on PlayStation. If you also want to use audio, read on.
Configure Discord PlayStation Audio – PS4 and PS5
- So, connect the Mix Amp to the PlayStation using an optical cable.
- Start Mix Amp and conventional it to console mode.
- If you have a pounded loop noise isolator, plug it into the Aux port on the device and connect the Aux cable.
- Connect the USB cable to the PlayStation.
- Use the 3.5mm port to connect headphones to the Mix Amp.
Configure PlayStation for Discord Audio – PS4 and PS5
- Open PlayStation Settings
- Scroll down to Devices > Audio Devices.
- Select the USB headset as an input device.
- Select “TV or AV Amplifier” as the output expedient.
- Go back and scroll downcast to Settings > Sound & display.
- Select the audio output settings.
- Select “Digital Out (Optical)” as the primary output.
- Configure Mix Amp with PC for a dual audio setup
- Plug Mix Amp’s USB into your computer and set it to PC mode.
- Join the Mix Amp to your PC speakers using a 3.5mm male to the male audio cable.
- Go to Discord and open Settings by persistent the gear icon next to your profile on the computer.
- Settings > Voice & Video, make sure Mix Amp is the input device and PC speakers as the output device.
- So, use the audio wheel in Mix Amp to change audio levels between the game and voice broadcasts.
Can Discord be Used on PS5?
But, unfortunately, the above method does not work on PS5 as it does not have a web browser that can open the Discord website reliably.
However, you can use a small workaround to at least make Discord text chat available to PS5 users.
Here you can see how to send text messages using Discord on PS5:
- Abreu PlayStation Party
- So, send the Dissonance.com link to any of your friends.
- The official Discord website will load.
- Sign in to your account and complete the pop-up window that appears.
- It should give you Discord chat on PlayStation 5.
So, as mentioned above, keep an eye out for any news from Sony regarding their Discord integration, as it is imminent.
Related Questions – PS4 and PS5
Is there an easier way to run Discord on PS4/PS5?
So, unfortunately not. But, you’ll have to wait for official Discord support to arrive in 2022 to use it as a PlayStation app.
Can I use Discord Audio on PS5 Using the Above Method?
You can try Discord Audio on PlayStation 5 with the settings above, but the lack of a web browser means it’s not as reliable to use as the PlayStation 4 version.
I have no Audio in my Headphones. How can I fix this?
However, ensure that the Mix Amp is connected to the PC using a 3.5mm male to male cable and that the output device to the port Mix Amp is linked.
If the audio issues persist, ensure your PlayStation audio settings are also set to the correct parameters shown above.
How do I share my PS4/5 on Discord?
But, you can use the Remote Play function on PS4/5 to stream video from PS4/5 to the computer. You can then share the screen of the Remote Play window from your computer to Discord.